Your privacy is very important to us. PE Made Easy is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines how we collect, use, communicate and make use of personal information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988. The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your Personal Information through your use of our site pemadeeasy.com
H.M Hay and A.L Tudhope T/A PE Made Easy are the information controller and we are responsible for your Personal Information (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
What is Personal Information and Why do We Collect it?
Personal information means any information capable of identifying an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, school or organisation details and phone numbers. It does not include anonymised information.
We may process the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Communication Information that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Information that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Information that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Information that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Information that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
We may use this Personal Information to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such information to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Information about you. Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Where we are required to collect Personal Information by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested information, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your Personal Information for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. This may include filling in forms on our site or by sending us emails. We may automatically collect certain information from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
On some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party. We may receive information from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google, advertising networks such as Facebook or search information providers such as Google.
Our lawful ground of processing your Personal Information to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Before we share your Personal Information with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent. However please note we do not and never have shared our email list with third parties.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links at the bottom of any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to Personal Information provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may have to share your Personal Information with the parties set out below:
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Third party software providers such as MailChimp (our email marketing service)
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your information to respect the security of your Personal Information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your Personal Information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have put in place security measures to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your Personal Information only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such information. They will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the information for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions.
If you wish to access your Personal Information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please email us at email@example.com as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share information about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Business email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business address: PO Box 1193 Bundoora, VIC, 3083
Business phone number: 0402 902 510
Updated May, 2020